Excel Machinery Ltd, an employee-owned company, has an exciting opportunity available in the Amarillo Area. We are an international company, and our primary customer base is in South America and the United States. This position is for a Maintenance Mechanic. The majority of our equipment being worked on is rock crushers, screens and conveyor systems.
Mechanic Job Duties:
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, replacing filters on aggregate mining equipment.
- Maintains equipment functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance?
- Determines equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests.
- Have basic knowledge of mechanical system of all equipment to perform and document worn and damaged parts.
- Able to work well with others and adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to assist with proper maintenance of operation of conveyors, fabrication on crusher, screens, and radial stacker.
- Must be able to fabricate – Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- On the other forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torches, and other hand tools related to the job’s needs.
- Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Performs inspection, maintenance and repairs on heavy duty vehicles and equipment, such as trucks, trailers, forklifts, loaders, pickups, etc. Responsible for diesel engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical trouble shooting, steering, and cooling systems.
Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information, Forklift
ESOP stock plan
Company paid Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
Medical, Dental, Vision