Welder – Amarillo
Excel Machinery Ltd. has an opportunity available in Amarillo, Texas, for a full time production welder’s helper. Previous experience is a plus but will consider an entry level person with the right qualifications who can be trained in the specifics.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the responsibilities of the Welder helper position include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
– Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work
orders or verbal instructions.
-Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or
rework finished products.
– Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related
to the jobs needs.
– Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
– Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned
– Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify
supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
– Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
– Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
– Must be familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses,
valves, and gas cylinders.
– Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
– Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
– Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal.
– Must be able to lift / push / pull 50 lbs.
– Must be willing/ able to work overtime and weekends as business needs require.
– Must be able to proficiently read, write and interpret English.